Does it take you more than 30 minutes to fall asleep? Do you wake frequently throughout the night or too early in the morning and then have a hard time going back to sleep? Do you feel groggy and lethargic during the day after a night’s rest? If your answer is yes, then you may want to consider seeing a doctor of chiropractic today!
As the world becomes a faster pace, many of us miss out on a proper night’s sleep of 8 hours. In turn, you feel tired throughout the day and just seem out of it in certain periods of the day. Sleep is essential for good health, proper mental and emotional functioning and ultimately our safety.
Subluxations of the spine can cause serious pain often forcing uncomfortable sleep. The body just can’t seem to find a position that allows it to relax and get the proper rest necessary. Subluxations of the spinal bones are misalignments that result in nerve interference. When the spinal bones lose their normal position and proper motion, nerves can be twisted or stretched.
Here are some facts about sleeping provided by the National Sleep Foundation:
- Sleep deprivation costs $150 billion each year in higher stress and reduced worker productivity-National Commission on Sleep Disorders, 2003.
- Sleep problems are reaching epidemic proportions, estimated to be the #1 health related problem in America - CNN, May 1997.
- We sleep on average 6.9 hours/day, almost an hour less than a few decades ago.
- Almost 74% of all Americans do not get enough sleep each night.
- 51% of adults say they have problems sleeping at least a few nights each week.
Other common injuries and pains that can cause a sleep disturbance include: back-pain, neck-
pain, sciatica, leg pain, hip pains, and much more. Luckily, these symptoms can be relieved by visiting your doctor of chiropractic.
Mission Village Chiropractic has been serving San Diego County for over 20 years helping to relieve the pain of 100s of patients. We know how important it is to live an active and healthy lifestyle without having to worry about pain, our gentle techniques and informative approach will leave you feeling relaxed.
Dr. Bruce Blakely is a Palmer School of Chiropractic Graduate who specializes in pain-free chiropractic techniques that will get you back on track to a healthy pain-free lifestyle. Let us help you relieve the pain and get a good nights rest.
Here are a few tips for getting a better night’s rest:
- Exercise daily
- Reduce alcohol, caffeine, and smoking
- Get a comfortable mattress and pillows
- Consult with a Chiropractor if pain is preventing you from sleeping